Summer is always full of surprises in Paris. While many mistakenly believe that the city is asleep, many events punctuate July and August. One of the most important is of course July 14th. Who has never dreamed one day of coming to celebrate the National Day in Paris, facing the illuminated Eiffel Tower and the classical music concert ?!
This Friday, July 14th, will take place the traditional festivities: arrival of President Emmanuel Macron on the Champs Elysées, and the military parade until noon. In the evening, at 9:00 pm, a grand concert of classical music will beat the city at the foot of the Eiffel Tower.
Finally, the much expected Fireworks on the “Olympic” theme will start at 11:00 pm. Light and melody will dress the Iron Lady and revive our child souls. What a magical break in our daily lives. We all look forward to this great moment to be shared with friends, family or lovers. Whether on the Champs de Mars, from a fly boat or a Parisian bridge, each one will choose his location and let himself go to sweet colorful dreams …
And in the evening, the now famous firemen’s balls will make the city vibrate. Music, warm atmosphere and mythical firemen suite in several Parisian barracks. For example:
- In the 6th arrondissement, 5 minutes walk from Hotel des 2 Continents, the Caserne Colombier. Let’s go to the 11 rue du Vieux Colombier on July 13th and 14th from 9:00 pm to 4:00 am.
- On the banks of Canal Saint-Martin, the Point Ephémère organizes the Bal Pop’. A gigantic stage where you can dance, but also enjoy a barbecue. From 6:00 pm to 3:00 am, on July 13th, 200 Quai de Valmy in the 10th arrondissement.
- More traditional, at the foot of the Eiffel Tower on July 14th, the Petit Bal de Poche! And because the President of the United States is visiting us this year: “To make the musette great again”.
- Festive and summery atmosphere at 138 avenue de Saint-Ouen with the Grand Bal Creole!
- And of course, the famous Great Ball of the Grand Palais, but it is already full …
And then, Hotel des 2 Continents proposes you a quiet weekend in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. Book your room as soon as possible …